Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Remnants



This is Jan. I found a really cool pattern for a hobo bag, so I decided that would be my first attempt at bag making. I was looking through my fabric stash to see if I had anything that jumped out at me. When I realized that my stash consisted of small pieces of several fabrics, I looked in my remnant bin. I found this awesome tan suede (I don't think it's faux) remnant that I had bought umpteen years ago. At the time I bought it, I just knew something great would come of it, but I had not clue at the time what it would be. So it has sat for years waiting its turn for coolness. The time has come.

But I couldn't find a cool remnant on hand to line the bag, so I headed back to the remnant store. Low and behold, there was a really cool red satin piece that had my name on it. I snatched it up quicker than you could blink an eye. The store was loaded with sewing geeks that day, so I made my purchase and hurried on my way.

When I got right down to sewing, the hobo bag was pretty simple. I think it looks pretty nifty, especially when you open it up and get this big red surprise staring back at you.

Well, I'm off to more sewing coolness. We'll see what other remnants will become something cool and surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment